Stallard Kane supports the HSE’s new Metalwork Inspections
Types of documentation
Organisations will retain a variety of HR documentation including personal data about each employee, as well as copies of key policies, procedures and records relating to employee recruitment, induction, health, sickness, absence, conduct and performance.
Important HR documentation may include: -
- Application and interview records
- Appropriate evidence of each employee’s legal right to work in the UK
- Terms and conditions of employment (the employment contract)
- Job descriptions
- Induction paperwork
- Medical records
- Sickness and absence records
- Health and safety information
- Employee Appraisals
- Exit processes
In line with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), all HR documentation should be stored securely and handled with care. Employers should also maintain a GDPR policy, detailing how the organisation collects, processes, transfers, stores, and disposes of personal data, as required by the UK GDPR.